Telemundo Deportes Reports U.S. Final Against the Netherlands Delivers 22% More Viewers than in 2015
USWNT’s 2-0 Win Over Netherlands Averaged Total Audience Delivery of 1.6 Million Viewers – UP 22% from 2015 Final
Women’s soccer has reached a new peak in popularity. The level of respect for the women’s game has also increased significantly and more fans are tuning in to watch than ever before.
Telemundo Deportes Wraps its FIFA Women’s World Cup With Total Audience Delivery Average of 301,000 Viewers – A RECORD for Spanish-Language Women’s World Cup Coverage & UP 27% from 2015
Copa America Coverage Doubled the 2015 Tournament with Total Audience Delivery Average of 1.2 Million Viewers
Telemundo Deportes’ historic coverage of its Summer of Soccer wraps up with record-breaking numbers, based on fast national data from Nielsen, and digital data from Adobe Analytics.
The USA-Netherlands FIFA World Cup Final on Sunday morning delivered a Total Audience Delivery average of 1.6 million viewers ranking as the most-watched FIFA Women’s World Cup match in Spanish-language history, surpassing by 22% the 2015 USA vs. Japan final (1.27 million).
USWNT’s 2-0 win over Netherlands peaked at 2.03 million TV-only viewers on Telemundo from 12:45-1 p.m. ET as the match concluded. The game reached 2.8 million viewers.
Locally, the FIFA Women’s World Cup final match was #1 Spanish-language TV in all 15 Telemundo-owned station LPM markets among adults 18-49. The top five Spanish-language markets for the USA-Netherlands game among adults 18-49 included Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WSCV), Los Angeles (KVEA), Dallas (KXTX), Houston (KTMD), and New York (WNJU).
OVERVIEW OF FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP FRANCE 2019 AUDIENCE:
In addition, Telemundo Deportes set the Spanish-language record for the most-watched FIFA Women’s World Cup ever, with a Total Audience Delivery average of 301,000 viewers – posting a 27% increase over the full 2015 tournament (237,000 viewers).
- Telemundo Deportes’ coverage of the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 yielded a Total Audience Delivery average of 301,000 viewers, a 27% increase over 2015.
- Led by the USWNT, Telemundo Deportes’ coverage delivered four of the five most-watched FIFA Women’s World Cup matches in Spanish-language history:
|USA vs. Netherlands 7/7/19||1.6 Million viewers|
|USA vs. Japan 7/5/15||1.3 Million viewers|
|England vs. USA 7/2/19||1.0 Million viewers|
|USA vs. Chile 6/16/19||833,000 viewers|
|Netherlands vs. Sweden 7/3/19||766,000 viewers|
- On digital, the tournament delivered a record-setting of 35.3 million minutes across Telemundo Deportes’ digital videos.
- Digital live streams through the tournament were close to eight times that of the entire 2015 tournament – excluding matches that were shown only on digital platforms in 2015.
Source: Nielsen, L+SD, fast nationals 7/7/19; fast cume based on
Even Men’s Soccer Gets More Eyeballs than Before
2019 COPA AMERICA BRAZIL
Yesterday’s Copa America’s Brazil vs. Peru final averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 3.1 million viewers, ranking as the most-watched Copa America final since 2007 – tripling the 2015 final (Chile vs. Argentina, 1 million total viewers). Brazil’s 3-1 win over Peru peaked at 3.7 million TV-only viewers on Telemundo in the 5:45-6 p.m. ET quarter hour. The game reached 5.2 million viewers.
Locally, the Copa America final was #1 in 13 of 15 LPM markets among adults 18-49, regardless of language. The top five markets for the Brazil vs Peru game among adults 18-49 included Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WSCV), Los Angeles (KVEA), Houston (KTMD), Dallas (KXTX), and New York (WNJU).
- 16 of the 26 Copa America matches averaged 1 million viewers or more across all platforms – four times more than 2015.
- The tournament delivered a record-setting of 81.7 million minutes across Telemundo Deportes’ digital videos
. Followingare the five most-watched matches of 2019 Copa America:
|Brazil vs. Peru 7/7/19||3.1 Million viewers|
|Brazil vs. Argentina 7/2/19||3.0 Million viewers|
|Argentina vs. Paraguay 6/19/19||2.1 Million viewers|
|Colombia vs. Chile 7/2/19||1.8 Million viewers|
|Argentina vs. Colombia 6/15/19||1.6 Million viewers|