38th Annual Long Island Junior Soccer League Convention to Have Something For Everyone
New York Soccer News: The LIJSL Convention is for anybody connected to soccer
The Long Island Junior Soccer League (LIJSL) Convention is one of the largest soccer business events in the world. Every year, approximately 10,000 soccer fans come to the Huntington Hilton on Route 110 in Melville.
Welcome to the 38th Annual LIJSL Convention on March 13, 14 and 15.
Save those dates because if you’ve ever kicked a soccer ball, coached a team, refereed a game or cheered on your favorite player, there’s something for you at the LIJSL Convention!
“The 38th Annual LIJSL Convention is in full effect,” Convention Chairperson Holly Maresco said. “Our Hall of Fame and Volunteer of the Year Dinner will be attended by over 600 guests. The Huntington Hilton is expecting to have the exhibit hall and much more renovated for the 38th Annual Convention. Additionally, we are bringing in new and exciting vendors from across the globe to exhibit. The LIJSL Convention is geared to be another great success!”
The fun begins at 7 pm on Friday night, March 13 with the Annual Awards Dinner as the Volunteer of the Year from LIJSL clubs will be honored. Also being celebrated are the people who will be inducted into the LIJSL Hall of Fame that evening. And Jessica Lee of the West Hempstead Chiefs Soccer Club, the 2019 National TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year, will be honored with the 2020 Marg McGory award, emblematic of the person who has given the most to help the TOPSoccer players.
Although there is a fee for attending the Annual Awards Dinner, admission to the rest of the LIJSL Convention is absolutely free. Throughout the day on Saturday, March 14 and on Sunday, March 15, there will be LIJSL Sportsmanship Award presentations, meetings for club presidents, coaches and volunteers plus coaches and referee clinics as thousands of people purchase soccer items. Highlights include:
• Vendors from around the world. To register as a vendor, click here.
• A bilingual College Forum (English/Spanish) for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors. The expert panel will talk about what every parent and player needs to know, including NCAA requirements, financial aid packages plus picking the college that’s right for you!
• LIJSL Sportsmanship Awards. All the Sportsmanship recipients from 2019, both Spring and Fall seasons, will be honored by the LIJSL at the convention this year.
• American Red Cross CPR/AED Training, conducted by the Long Island Sports Care Group
• United Soccer Coaches 4v4 Diploma, a three-hour lesson designed for those who will be coaching youth soccer players from 4 to 10 years of age.
The times and dates of each event are being finalized. For more information about the 38th Annual LIJSL Convention, click here or please contact the league at 631-648-9020.
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association: With 100,000 youth soccer players–both boys and girls–and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) reaches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees, and administrators.