“EL Clasico” Matchup Scores Nearly 845,000 Viewers On beIN SPORTS
Sports network’s exclusive coverage of the LaLiga Clash continues winning streak among U.S. audiences.
Soccer News: The immense increase in soccer popularity in America is becoming clearer as new records are being set. One thing is absolutely clear — Americans love watching soccer on TV.
Whether it is Univision’s telecast of the youth soccer tournament, Surf Cup Sports’ Manchester City Cup or beIN SPORTS’ coverage of the top two teams to watch faceoff against each other, sports fans are tuning in and watching their screens.
Here is the latest in record-setting for the FC Barcelona and Real Madrid match:
beIN SPORTS today announced the network’s ratings following the highly anticipated “El Clásico” matchup between LaLiga archrivals, Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona, which aired on December 23 live from the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid, Spain.
According to Nielsen Media Research, the broadcast averaged more than 845,000 total viewers (P2+) across both networks, beginning with the earliest airtime for El Clásico at 6:40 a.m. ET / 3:40 a.m. PT.
SOCIAL MEDIA POWER:
“El Clásico” also dominated on social media, reaching an average of 183k people per post with nearly 22 million impressions and 4.8 million engagements on Facebook and Twitter.
beIN SPORTS will continue its coverage of El Clásico, with the next match taking place in May 2018 during the afternoon – match dates and times to be announced.
- Combined with both beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS EN ESPAÑOL, El Clásico was the #1 sports program among all ad supported sports cable networks among all key demos, including:
- Households: 628,000 homes – outperforming ESPN by 53%, NBCSN by 369%
- Total P2+: 845,000 total average viewers – outperforming ESPN by 83%, NBCSN by 431%
- P18-49: 585,000 average viewers – outperforming ESPN by more than twice as many viewers
- M18-49: 452,000 average viewers – outperforming ESPN by 112% and NBCSN by more than 7 times.
- beIN Sports en Español had 439,000 households on average watching El Clasico, ranking as the #1 sports network among households, outperforming ESPN by 7%.
Social Media Highlights:
- On Facebook & Twitter, El Clásico posts reached an average of 183k people per post, with nearly 22M impressions and 4.8M engagements
- El Clásico posts delivered a total of 4.5M video views during December 2017 (VV’s were up +109% vs. the previous El Clásico in December 2016)
- When compared to the previous El Clásico in December 2016, impressions increased +59%, engagements grew +73%, and average post reach was up +9%
- During December 2017, El Clásico outperformed the average post with +49% more reach, +56% more impressions, +37% more engagements, and +27% more video views than all posts during this month
- On Facebook & Twitter, El Clásico posts reached an average of 224k people per post, with nearly 11.7M impressions, & 3.2M engagements
- El Clásico posts delivered a total of 3M video views on December 23, 2017 (VV’s were up +208% vs. the previous El Clásico premier in December 2016)
- When compared to the previous El Clásico (Dec. 3rd, 2016), impressions increased +5X, engagements grew +238%, and average post reach was up +215%.
Source: BeIN Sports press release
Photo Credit: La Liga