Four New States Added to League’s Growing National Presence
Largest women’s soccer league continues to expand — grows with 32 new clubs for upcoming soccer season.
WPSL News: The league Friday revealed the number of new clubs joining the league, an impressive 32 additions to the world’s largest women’s soccer league.
The new clubs increase the opportunities and level of competition for the game’s best female players
Twenty-nine of the new clubs come via expansion.
The league now features clubs in four new states – Colorado, New Mexico, Maryland and Delaware – bringing the league total to 34 states represented in addition to one Canadian province.
The official 2019 region and conference alignment will be revealed next week.
Among the four regions, the Central Region adds the most with 10 new clubs. This is in part to the addition of three Colorado clubs along with the Utah Royals FC Reserves, which will join the two longtime Salt Lake City clubs in the conference.
Each South Region conference adds one new club with exception to the Carolinas Conference, which adds Wake FC and the Charlotte Lady Eagles.
The East Region adds six expansion clubs, three which will play another in the Mid-Atlantic Conference – OPSA Magic (Baltimore, Maryland), CAFC Ospreys (Dover, Delaware) and Philadelphia Lone Star FC.
Of the four West Region conferences, seven of the eight West expansion clubs will be in the Pac South Conference (San Diego/Southwest) or the Northwest Conference (Cascadia).
- Albuquerque Sol FC
- FC Arizona Women
- ASC San Diego
- Epic Soccer (Victoria, British Columbia)
- FC Golden State Villa (Los Angeles)
- PacNW Women (Seattle)
- Salsa Women FC (Torrance, California)
- SanDiego Surf
- Spokane SC Shadow
- Alamo City (San Antonio)
- Colorado-Aurora (Team Name TBA)
- Elite Girl’s Academy (Omaha, Nebraska)
- FC Boulder (Colorado)
- Indios Denver FC
- Lady Demize (Springfield, Missouri)
- Mankato United Soccer Club (Minnesota)
- Maplebrook Fury (Minneapolis)
- Rochester United FC (Minnesota)
- Salvo Soccer Club (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- SouthStar FC (Dallas)
- Utah Royals FC Reserves (Salt Lake City)
- Charlotte Lady Eagles
- North Alabama SC (Huntsville)
- Orlando Kicks FC
- Pensacola Academy FC
- Wake FC (Raleigh, North Carolina)
- CAFC Ospreys (Dover, Deleware)
- Dayton Dutch Lions FC (Ohio)
- Green Bay Glory (Wisconsin)
- NJ Wizards SC Cedar Stars
- OPSA Magic (Baltimore)
- Philadelphia Lone Star FC