2019 Great Lakes and Midwest Conferences Spring Showcase Comes To A Close
The 2019 US Youth Soccer Great Lakes and Midwest Conferences Spring Showcase ends today at the Grand Park Athletic Complex in Westfield, Ind.,
The showcase featured Premier I and Premier II teams in the 15U through 19U age groups. More than 130 boys teams from both the Great Lakes Conference and Midwest Conference competed over the course of the weekend, along with nearly 50 girls sides from the Great Lakes Conference. Additional games featuring teams in the 13U-14U age groups, as well as First Division matches, also took place at Grand Park.
This weekend saw many teams inch closer to first-place finishes in the Premier I and Premier II Divisions. In addition to division titles, the weekend included several teams competing for promotion within their respective conference or — for Premier I sides — an automatic berth into the National League (national tier) for the 2019-20 season. Premier I Division teams can also qualify for the 2019 US Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Championships through conference play.
In the Great Lakes Conference, Beadling 2003 Girls South Red (PA-W) managed to secure a first-place finish in the 16U Girls Premier I Division with a win on Sunday. The title marked a successful introduction to the conference for the PA West side, which competed against East Region opponents in previous regional league formats.
“This is probably the most competitive (multi-state level) league that any of my teams have ever played in,” Beadling coach Robert Fabean said. “For this team to go 7-1-1 and win the division our first year in, is just an absolutely incredible accomplishment.”
After early struggles in the 2018-19 National League season, Fabean said the Beadling 2003 Girls began to improve and carried that into its Great Lakes Conference competition.
“We used these games as an opportunity to get better,” said
Notes on 2019 Grand Park Conferences Showcase matches on Sunday:
BOYS – GREAT LAKES CONFERENCE
- In a matchup of the top two teams in the 15U Premier II Division, Javanon 04 Boys Black (KY) and SCS United 2004 Black (PA-W) played to a 1-1 draw. The two teams remain level in the standings with 20 points each, while Javanon has a slight edge in goal differential.
- Despite a 1-0 loss to Millennium Soccer Academy 03B Indy (IN), Beadling 2003 Boys – South Red (PA-W) managed to hang on to first place in a very tight 16U Premier I Division.
- Nationals Union Red (MI) secured a 1-0 win against WVFC 2003 Black (WV) in 16U Premier II Division play, and the Michigan side is now just four points back of leader Team Challenger FC 03 Black (OH-N).
- Fort Wayne United FC 02 B Academy (IN) secured its second win of the weekend on Sunday to take sole possession of first place in the current 17U Premier II Division standings.
- Fort Wayne United FC 01 Academy (IN) defeated SCS United 2001 Boys Black (PA-W), 2-1, preventing the PA West side from moving into first place in the 18U Premier II Division.
- Alliance FC IN 00 Boys (IN) completed an unbeaten and untied campaign in the 19U Premier II Division with a 1-0 win on Sunday against Team Challenger FC 00 Black (OH-N).
BOYS – MIDWEST CONFERENCE
- In the 15U Premier I Division, JB Marine-Gober (MO) extended its lead at the top of the standings with a 1-0 win against CFJ 04 Premier (IL).
- In the 17U Premier I Division, Salvo SC / REV Academy (MN) played to a scoreless draw against Chicago Magic Soccer (IL) on Sunday, which allowed the Minnesota side to move into sole possession of first place.
- SLSG Elite 01 (MO) recorded its sixth shutout of the season to finish 9-0-0 and in first place in the 18U Premier I Division.
- Alliance FC Academy 00 (MO) picked up a 3-2 win against Galaxy 2000 Blue (IL) to move into first place in the 19U Premier I Division.
GIRLS – GREAT LAKES CONFERENCE
- Beadling 2004G South Red (PA-W) recorded a 4-0 shutout win against Indy Premier 04 Elite I (IN) to extend its lead at the top of the 15U Premier I Division standings.
- By earning a 4-0 win over HFC 03 Elite Wolves (IN), Beadling 2003 Girls – South Red (PA-W) got the three points it needed to pass idle CDA Premier 03 (OH-S) and clinch the 16U Premier I Division title.
- Maplebrook Stosic (MN) won a matchup of the top two teams in the 16U Premier II Division, as it beat SCS 2003 Girls Elite Black (PA-W), 2-0, to secure its spot atop the standings.
- Pacesetter Villa Red (OH-N) moved closer to the top of the 18U Premier I Division standings, as it tied Indiana Fire Juniors South (IN), 1-1, on Sunday.
- GTFC Impact 00 Premier (OH-N) remained unbeaten and in first place in the 19U Premier II Division with a 1-1 draw on Sunday against NWI Lions United 00 Yellow (IN).
The Great Lakes Conference and Midwest Conference are part of a network of 13 conferences that comprise the multi-state tier of the US Youth Soccer Leagues program. Each conference provides high-level competition with opportunities for advancement to the US Youth Soccer Regional Championships and the US Youth Soccer National League.
The US Youth Soccer National League (national tier) provides an avenue for teams to play in meaningful matches against top competition from across the country for continued development. In addition to recruiting opportunities, National League teams compete for the National League title and one of four slots from each gender age group to the annual US Youth Soccer National Championships.
Source: US Youth Soccer Press Release – 2019 GRAND PARK CONFERENCES SHOWCASE KICKS OFF IN WESTFIELD, IND.