U15 Boys National Team travels to Northern Italy for First International Games of 2019
The tournament marks the first international games of the year for the U-15s, who are preparing for this summer’s 2019 Concacaf U-15 Boys’ Championship.
The USA will face India on April 28, Slovenia on April 29 and Mexico on April 30 in the tournament’s group stage. Steve Klein, Academy Director at U.S. Soccer Development Academy club PA Classics will serve as the U15s’ head coach for the camp.
The 19-player roster is made up of 18 players born in 2004 and one born in 2005.
U.S. U-15 BNT Roster by Position (Club; Hometown; Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (2): Damian Alguera (De Anza Force; San Jose, Calif.), Gabriel Slonina (Chicago Fire; Addison, Ill.)
MIDFIELDERS (6):Kenan Hot (New York Red Bulls; Lincroft, N.J.), Nicolas Perez Guillen (Deportivo Toluca FC/MEX; Guadalajara, Mexico), Allan Rodriguez (Chicago Fire; Elkhart, Ind.), Evan Rotundo (San Diego Surf; La Mesa, Calif.), Leonardo Torres (San Antonio FC; San Antonio, Texas), Aethan Yohannes (AZ Alkmaar/NED; Springfield, Va.)
FORWARDS (5):Austin Brummett (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.), Osvaldo Cisneros (Sporting Kansas City; Omaha, Neb.), Cesar Cordova (Houston Dynamo; Humble, Texas), Luca Koleosho (CF Reus Deportiu/ESP; Trumbull, Conn.), Federico Oliva (Atletico Madrid/ESP; Madrid, Spain)
Following the group stage, the USA will play placement games. The rest of the tournament field is listed below
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Qatar||United Arab Emirates||India||Portugal|
The USA has participated in the last two editions of the Torneo
Last year, the U.S. U-16BNT finished third overall after going undefeated in the group stage.
Three of the 2003-born players at last year’s tournament–defender Mauricio Cuevas, midfielder Daniel Leyva and forward Tyler Freeman –were recently named to the U-17 MNT roster for the Concacaf U-17 Championship.
The core of the current U-17 MNT took home the Torneo
delleNazioni title in 2017, coming from behind to defeat England 2-1 in the tournament final with goals from Giovanni Reyna and Joseph Scally.
U.S. U15 Boys’ National Team Roster Notes:
- Players born on or after Jan. 1, 2004 are eligible for the 2019 Concacaf U-15 Boys’ Championship.
- Fourteen players compete for 11 domestic-based clubs, with the most, two each, coming from the Chicago Fire, New York Red Bulls and Seattle Sounders FC.
- Fiveplay for foreign-based clubs in Spain (three), Mexico and Netherlands.
- Fourteen players (all U.S.-based players) are currently competing in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, while fifteen have spent at least one season in the Academy.
- Midfielder Aethan Yohannes played for D.C. United before moving to AZ Alkmaar.
- The tournament will mark Federico Oliva’s first appearance with the U-15 BNT. He was called to the team’s year-opening camp in Carson, Calif., but had to withdraw due to injury.
- Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defenders Brandon Craig and Antonio Leone as well as midfielders Kenan Hot and Evan Rotundo have appeared in all six events of the 2018-19 U-15 cycle.
- Forward Austin Brummett made his professional debut for Tacoma Defiance on April 20 against Phoenix Rising FC, becoming the youngest player to ever play in the USL Championship.
- Slonina signed an MLS Homegrown contract with the Fire in March, making him the youngest Homegrown signing in MLS history.
- Midfielder Leonardo Torres inked a professional contract with San Antonio FC in February, becoming the youngest pro signing in USL Championship history.
- The U-15 BNT went 1-2-0 in its first set of international games in May 2018 against Bosnia and
HerzegoviniaU-16 (L 1-3, L 1-2) and Serbia (W 5-0).
- Eight players on this roster made their international debuts in that trio of games: Craig, Hot, Leone, Rotundo and Sloninaas well as defender Devan Tanton, midfielder Allan Rodriguez and forward Austin Brummett. Rotundo scored two goals in the U-15s’ win over Serbia.
Source: U.S. Soccer Press Release